Today, when everyone has become aware about health, everyone knows how healthy grain oats is. Oatmeal is the best of all the other grains that are good for health. It is best because of its nutritional values, on the other hand, its faded taste is not liked by everyone. Especially food enthusiasts and children do not like to eat oatmeal at all. In this case, this recipe Oatmeal Pecan Waffles is very special. It is one of the best Homemade Healthy Family Meal based on macros for you.
About Oatmeal Pecan Waffles Recipe
The most beautiful thing about this oatmeal Pecan Waffles recipe is that it is liked by everyone. If you want to make a cheat meal for yourself, then make it sure. If you are cooking this for the children, then believe me the children will request you to cook again. Along with the taste, all the things included in it are also very beneficial for health.
So let’s cook this Oatmeal Pecan Waffles recipe which is the best Homemade Healthy Family meal’s recipe. Cook this delicious recipe and enjoy keeping your health in mind.
Don’t forget to tag us with your recipe picture and share it on social media. Share this recipe with your friends too.
Oatmeal Pecan Waffles | Your Homemade Healthy Family Meal
- waffel Iron / Pan for pancakes
- 1 Cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ Cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ Cup unsalted pecans,chopped
- 2 Large eggs, separated
- 1½ Cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
For fruit topping:
- 2 Cups fresh strawberries, halved (or substitute frozen strawberries, thawed)
- 1 Cup fresh blackberries (or substitute frozen strawberries, thawed)
- 1 Cup fresh blueberries (or substitute frozen strawberries, thawed)
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, sugar, and pecans in a large bowl.
- Combine egg yolks, milk, and vegetable oil in a separate bowl, and mix well.
- Add liquid mixture to the dry ingredients, and stir together. Do not overmix; mixture should be a bit lumpy.
- Whip egg whites to medium peaks. Gently fold egg whites into batter (for pancakes, see note below).
- Pour batter into preheated waffle iron, and cook until the waffle iron light signals it’s done or steam stops coming out of the iron. (A waffle is perfect when it is crisp and well-browned on the outside with a moist, light, airy and fluffy inside.) (Or make pancakes.)
- Add fresh fruit and a light dusting of powdered sugar to each waffle, and serve.
Read this also: Healthy Oatmeal Bowl | Best Breakfast Meal Based On Macros
About the Oatmeal Pecan Waffles recipe’s Key Ingredient : Oatmeal
Oatmeal is a type of coarse flour made of hulled oat grains (groats) that have either been milled (ground), steel-cut, or rolled. Ground oats are also called “white oats”. Steel-cut oats are known as “coarse oatmeal”, “Irish oatmeal” or “pinhead oats”. Rolled oats can be either thick or thin, and may be categorized as “old-fashioned”, “quick”, or “instant”, depending on the cooking time, which is shortened by the size of the oats, precooking, and sometimes the addition of enzymes.
Unenriched oatmeal, cooked by boiling or microwave, is 84% water, and contains 12% carbohydrates, including 2% dietary fiber, and 2% each of protein and fat (table). In a 100 gram amount, cooked oatmeal provides 71 Calories and contains 29% of the Daily Value (DV) for manganese and moderate content of phosphorus and zinc (11% DV each), with no other micronutrients in significant content (see table on right).
Oatmeal and other oat products were the subject of a 1997 ruling by the Food and Drug Administration that consuming oat bran or whole rolled oats can lower the risk of heart disease when combined with a low-fat diet via the effect of oat beta-glucan to reduce levels of blood cholesterol. A similar conclusion was reached in 2010 by the European Food Safety Authority. Clike here to read more about Oatmeal.