It is a matter of concern in today’s fast pace of life that the health problems which used to work only in old age, have started in the youth today. It is for all of us to accept that our lifestyle is largely responsible for this. Vitamin D deficiency and related problems are also a result of our carelessness and comfortable life.
Further the symptoms, causes and treatment of Vitamin D deficiency are explained in detail:
Let’s Understand, What is Vitamin D?
Vitamin D is a group of fat-soluble pro-hormones that help the body absorb calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphate, and zinc. Vitamin D, known as sunshine vitamin. It is produced by the body when our skin is exposed to sunlight. We can get the required quantity for our body by exposure to sunlight. But this is not entirely possible in the working style in today’s world. It is a very important vitamin found in the body. This vitamin is also found naturally in some foods and beverages. Vitamin D is mainly found in the following 2 forms:
- Vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol) – It is mainly produced by plants.
- Vitamin D3 (Colecalciferol) – which is formed when sunlight is exposed to our skin. It can also be obtained by some animal sources.
Identify the Symptoms of Vitamin D Deficiency in the Body
- Head sweating: This may sound a bit strange, but excessive sweating from the head as compared to the rest of the body can be a sign of vitamin D deficiency. Many times doctors check this symptom to detect vitamin D deficiency in children.
- You feel depressed: Scientists have found in a study that people who were deficient in vitamin D are 11 times more likely to be depressed than healthy people. So if you are depressed then you may have vitamin D deficiency.
- Sleep more than necessary during the day.
- Frequent infections also decrease vitamin D deficiency. Actually, the important part of our immune system i.e. immunity is activated by vitamin T only. And its deficiency can make a person sick again and again.
- Problems related to frequent breathing can also be a symptom of vitamin D deficiency.
- Weakness in muscles.
- Many people do not see these symptoms clearly, but they may still be deficient in Vitamin D, which can cause many health problems.
- Tiredness without much effort.
- Pain in bones.
Read this also: 7 Amazing Benefits of ALOE VERA for Hair & Skin
Deficiency in Blood can Cause These Health Problem
Vitamin D is essential for the strengthening of bones, as it helps the body to use calcium present in food. Vitamin D deficiency can cause rickets, which is a disease in which bone tissue does not mineralize properly, due to which the bones become soft and the body shape deteriorates. But according to the latest research, vitamin D plays an important role in avoiding many more health problems.
- Pain in bones that can occur in any part of the body.
- The problem of cognitive impairment in older people is trouble remembering, learning new things, concentrating, or making decisions that affect their everyday life. There may be a problem in remembering something, learning new things, etc.
- The possibility of death due to cardiovascular disease increases.
- Severe asthma in children.
Read this also: BACK-PAIN : IS IT A COMMON PROBLEM?
Why is There Vitamin D deficiency? Know its Main Reasons
If you avoid sunlight too much, you do not like to drink milk and you are also pure vegetarian, then you may be deficient in Vitamin D or in the near future. Let us understand the reasons for vitamin D deficiency:
- Dark Skin: If your skin is dark, then you need ten times the sun exposure to produce vitamin D in the right amount compared to those with fair skin. This is because your skin pigments act like a natural sunscreen, and these pigments are more in dark skin, so people with such skin have to stay in the sun for long enough to produce enough vitamin D. Some studies show that older adults with dark skin may be more prone to vitamin D deficiency.
- Obesity can also be a cause of vitamin D deficiency. Fat cells extract vitamin D from blood due to obesity, which leads to a decrease in blood circulation. Vitamin D deficiency is often found in those with BMI above 30.
- Very little exposure to sunlight. As we have said, vitamin D is formed when your skin comes in contact with sunlight, so if you are always at home, living in places where sunlight comes down or Hemsha keeps out of the sun, then You may have vitamin D deficiency
- Low intake of vitamin D which may result from taking a strict vegan diet. Because vitamin D is found naturally in most non-veg things. For example: in fishes, in beef liver, and in egg yolks.
- VITAMIN D deficiency may also occur if your kidney is not able to convert vitamin D to its active form. As people age, the kidney’s ability to convert vitamin D to active form decreases, and the risk of vitamin D deficiency increases.
Vitamin D deficiency is found in tuberculosis (TB) patients.
- Vitamin D deficiency may also occur if your digestive tract does not absorb vitamin D properly. Certain diseases such as Crohn’s disease, cystic fibrosis, and celiac disease may also reduce intestine’s ability to ingest vitamin D.
- People suffering from chronic kidney disease may also have vitamin D deficiency.
- Above 50 years of age: As the age increases, the skin’s ability to produce vitamin D decreases with the sun’s light. At the same time, the ability of the kidneys to convert vitamin D for the use of the body also decreases, so this issue may occur in older adults.
Read this also: How to Improve Our Immunity?
How to Fix This Deficiency? Know the Remedy
There are three ways to fulfill vitamin D needs:
- First Way: Spending time in the sun
UltraViolet – B rays released from the sun produce vitamin D from our skin. So if we spend some time in our daily routine living between the sun rays, the deficiency can be overcome easily and naturally. is.
- Second Way: Taking a Vitamin D Rich Diet
To overcome this, you should take such things in which vitamin D is found. Such as: Fish, Fish liver oils, and In egg yolk. Apart from this, vitamin D is also found in some fortified dairy products * and grain products. * Contains different vitamins added.
- Third method: Taking vitamin D supplements / medicine
There are many medicines available in the market today, by which we can overcome this deficiency. But one should never start consuming them directly from the market because the requirement of every human being is different and only the doctor can tell you exactly how much quantity and for how many days you should take vitamin D supplements.
Note: Before implementing any of the information given here, please take the advice of a doctor!
- YOGA TO BOOST THE IMMUNE SYSTEM – BEST 6 YOGA POSESCAN WE BOOST OUR IMMUNE SYSTEM WITH YOGA? At present, our immunity is decreasing day by day and many kinds of diseases are causing us. […]
- YOGA FOR BACK PAIN – 9 BEST YOGA POSES TO RELIEVE YOUR BACK PAIN IMMEDIATELYCan Yoga Asanas Be Beneficial For Relieving Back Pain? In case you’re struggling with your back pain, yoga might be exactly what the specialist requested. […]
- WHOLE WHEAT PITA CHIPS WITH PEANUT BUTTER HUMMUS DIP – HEALTHY SNACKS RECIPEIn the evening, we all need some snacks along with tea or coffee. It is very easy to pick any fried junk food and eat […]